Re: TI-H: REAL radio-link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: REAL radio-link

Robert Brack wrote:

> I think a standard tone generator could be used, then a tone decoder on the
> other end.  When the data on the line is high, the transmitter transmits a
> tone.  When there is a tone, the decoder goes high.  So, if you used
> different tones for ring/tip and different tones on each calc, you could do
> the whole thing on ONE frequency!!!!  This would not be very hard to make.
> The hardest part is making it fit inside the calc.

It's smarter to send a signal when a pin is taken low, because most of the
time the data pins are high (idle). They are active low.

> BTW, I'm still looking for I2C parts!!!

Go to my MBus page at http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone/mbus , to the links
section and from there to the I2C Zone page. It lists some of the
manufacturers of I2C parts, but there are others. I think Philips
(www.semiconductors.philips.com) has the widest collection of I2C chips,
but they're not always the newest types on the market. Nearly all
manufacturers have Web sites with downloadable datasheets, and the sites
usually have lists of local component distributors.

-Ozone

--
*** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone ***