Re: TI-H: Joystick

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Joystick

It's the feeling you get actualy making something work. If you got a
cheap positional joystick you could attach it to a small clip for the
sliding cover and have real positional data, not just up, down, right,
and left. Electronics Goldmine has a mini joystic 1-1/4" square and uses
two 150K potentiometers. If it were mounted to the sliding cover or a
clamp that attaches to the sliding cover, then it wouldn't be dificult
to carry around. It would be like a N64 analog controler. similar size
(maybe a bit larger), and it would sense not only the direction but also
how far you move it! That would be great! It's only $2.49. They even
have a mini trackball for $1.50. One of the smallest ever made!!! Their
address is

Electronic Goldmine
PO Box 5408
Scottsdale, AZ  85261

Their number is (602)-451-7454

I included the address so you can send for a catalog if you don't want
to call. My catalog is old, 1996, so I can't guarantee those parts or
prices, but It's no different. You can get those things nearly anywhere.
Also, My idea of connecting an Alps Glide Point Track pad to the calc.
Same size as the LCD and looks nice! 3 buttons and it could be mounted
just over or to the side of the display. It would be cool! If you used
an AVR, you could wire a separate joystick port and have an arrow
key/joystick switch. When the switch is on arrow key, it would simply
relay signals from wires in the calc itself (the 5 wires for the 4 arrow
keys) and emulate them. then in joystick mode it would send data through
the link port relating the x,y coordinates.

>Someone mentioned on here a little while ago about an external joystick
>possibility.  I'd just like to say, WHAT'S THE POINT??????  You'd have
>the calc on the desk, and the joystick next to it!!  and a gamepad?
You