TI-H: Joystick

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Joystick

Someone mentioned on here a little while ago about an external joystick
possibility.  I'd just like to say, WHAT'S THE POINT??????  You'd have
the calc on the desk, and the joystick next to it!!  and a gamepad?  You
wouldn't even be able to hold the calc!  A much better (and cheaper, and
easier, and more reliable, and more efficient, and more readily
available) option is to put a whole in the calc in the middle of the
arrow keys, and put a joystick in there, that uses the same contact
opints as the existing arrow keys.  This ENSURES that it will be
compatible with all existing games, with no new programming necessary.
It would be a much simpler process, with no electronics involved, simply
hardware.  Also, You wouldn't have to lug a joystick around with you,
and plug it in whenever you want to use it.  This option would even be
compatible with the calc without assembly!!  You could use it in the
home screen, in any program, or even in the graph screen.  If you want,
you can make it a push button, so you can push it down when you're not
using it, and the calc cover will go back on, but it'll pop back up to
be used.  Well, just a suggestion, but that's what I'm gonna do with
mine!  Have fun!

-Gul