    From: Robert Brack <reb@netride.com>
    To: TI-86 Hardware List <ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org>
    Date: Wednesday, February 11, 1998 7:52 PM
    Subject: TI-H: TI-Indiglo

    For all of you who have been e-mailing back and forth about Indiglo on a
calc.  I have the perfect solution.  I went to my grandfather's house and
had him cut a piece of plexiglass about 1.5mm thick.  Then I sand-papered
the sides enough to reflect light.  I bought 8 high-brightness LEDs from
DIGI-Key.  I set them up in a seriex-parallel circuit with a small trimmer
sticking out of the side of the calc (for brigthness).  I CAREFULLY removed
the LCD and put the plexiglass between the mirror and the LCD screen.  I
then placed the LEDs around the edges so they were touching the plexiglass
and glued them in.  I put everything back together, and it worked.  Good
luck if you try it.