Re: TI-H: Demolition Calc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Demolition Calc

>From: Grant Stockly <gussie@alaska.net>
>>>Grant Stockly wrote:
>>>>
>>>It was created with his brain, therefore it is his property. Unless it
>>>pertains to his work, it is his own.
>>
>>Have you seen the contracts for software/hardware enginneers these days?
>:)
>>
>>What is in his mind is his, but any good company like microsoft or seagate
>>will own every single thing you make.  If they don't, then the company
>>realy doesn't take your work seriously.
>

>Actually, the company even has rights to any ideas you have while
>employeed by them.  There was a big court case about this a couple
>years back.  An employee had an idea about how to make lots of
>money on the Y2k bug or something like that and quit to develope
>the idea (this was before the idea was even written down), and the
>company sued him for it.  I believe the company did, but the idea
>did not pan out, they lots millions of dollars on the lawsuit and didn't
>make any money from it.

Exactly...  What is in his head is his.  Thats the only thing companys
can't take from you or prevent you from using.  They can mess up your life
if you release confidential stuff...

>>Thats like saying when the government asks for the combination for the safe
>>that holds special documents, you won't tell them...  Its the same thing.
>

>I think that if you know that the safe contains documents that could be
>used against you then you have the right not to reveal the combination.

Then your obstructing evidence, and the court would think your guilty (or
else you'd open the safe) and you'd have to live the sentance anyway...