Re: TI-H: Demolition Calc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Demolition Calc

From: Grant Stockly <gussie@alaska.net>
>>Grant Stockly wrote:
>>>
>>It was created with his brain, therefore it is his property. Unless it
>>pertains to his work, it is his own.
>
>Have you seen the contracts for software/hardware enginneers these days?
:)

>What is in his mind is his, but any good company like microsoft or seagate
>will own every single thing you make.  If they don't, then the company
>realy doesn't take your work seriously.

Actually, the company even has rights to any ideas you have while
employeed by them.  There was a big court case about this a couple
years back.  An employee had an idea about how to make lots of
money on the Y2k bug or something like that and quit to develope
the idea (this was before the idea was even written down), and the
company sued him for it.  I believe the company did, but the idea
did not pan out, they lots millions of dollars on the lawsuit and didn't
make any money from it.

>Thats like saying when the government asks for the combination for the safe
>that holds special documents, you won't tell them...  Its the same thing.

I think that if you know that the safe contains documents that could be
used against you then you have the right not to reveal the combination.

DK