Re: TI-H: proc tech (OT)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: proc tech (OT)

Well later Intel will go 4096bit and no one will care... It is amazing that
in 10 years we will look back and say "wow, we were hyped over 1GHz and 15GB
of HDD space", having (a?)Hz computers and Terrabytes of space. By then TI
calcs will run 300MHz RISC processors and they will have 1GB of memory.

> Its good that intel is finally going 32/64bit.  :)  IBM/DEC/TI have been
> there for 4 years or so.  :)
>
> >	In case ya care, Intel is working on a lot of new chips.  Everybody
> >knows
> >about the 64-bit Merced, due in H1 2000 (1st half).  Supposedly this is
going
> >to be a four-way chipset like what you described above.    They're
guessing
> >they'll hit 1 GHz with this chip.  Then is the 32-bit Foster, in H2
2000.
> >This will be supposedly their last 32-bit chip for PC applications.  It's
also
> >going to hit 1 GHz.  In H2 2001, the 64-bit McKinley will arrive, with a
.18
> >micron fab.  Eventually, they will move the McKinley to .13 fab and
rename it
> >Madison (H1 2002).  A less powerful Madison, called Deerfield, will also
be
> >released simultaneously (or at least very close).
> >
> >Rob Hornick
> >(Just got new PC Magazine =)

-dan

You standing in line?