Re: TI-H: Re: Speedy Calc...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re: Speedy Calc...

Well Intel may come out with something that has its own departments (like
having a special processor just for games), but that is really up to the
voodoo and 3dfx people... You won't see a receptionist or someone using
their computer for internet research and spreadsheets taking up this
technology. That is a huge size of the computer population, so it would only
catch on to people that really play with their puters. Unless, that is, the
internet researcher decides to use Chrome or Spreadsheets become so
advantageous that you would actually need to do anything like that. We will
see.

> >I spent some time talking with one of my teachers (an advid mac user)
and
> >he was
> >telling me about the G5. He said it was due out by the end of the year
2000.
> >Anyway this processor is actually a small cluster of 4 processors and
each of
> >these processors can handle a totally different task. You could dedicate
> >one to
> >games, one to graphics, one to the os, ect. He also said it would be
> >possible to
> >run 4 operating systems running at once (more likely you would have to
suspend
> >the use of one while you use the other). It would be nice if wintel could
do
> >something like this in the near future. The dual pentiums II are nice,
but so
> >little software is made to run on a 2 processor system that it's not
really
> >worth investing in it (imho). Ansys reported that the you only receive a
10%
> >increase on most applications. :(

-dan

You standing in line?