Re: RE: TI-H: risc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RE: TI-H: risc

Intel created MMX over their existing CISC base.  The MMX set is RISC in
general, but the PPC already has graphics commands to do what MMX does, and
it does it faster.

MMX is realy just a selling point for computers.  It realy didn't add that
much power to the processors, just made a new set of programs that would
make you upgrade...

PPC RISC doesn't take more clock cycles to do the same thing.  It would
take more instruction cycles if at all.