Re: TI-H: Is this the TI-Hardware list?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Is this the TI-Hardware list?

>I'm just curious if this is the TI-Hardware list.  It seems that
>everyone here talks about anything, except for Hardware issues on TI
>calcs.  Mostly it seems like boasting and arguing.  Is there any sort of
>list moderator?

Thats the point of a mailing list!  Actually, the topic started out about
TI-Calcs, and shifted towards other subjects.  It takes on topic posts to
kill off ones.  :)

Did I tell the list about uCIP yet?

>At any rate,

I'd prefer a jerky one.  <jk>

>Does anyone have a bare-bones code for receiving and sending CBL
>protocol?  I'm programming PICs, but can convert that code from
>anything.  I simply don't want to re-invent the wheel, if somebody's
>done it.

First, what PIC are you using?  That would depend how you program it.  It
would be a ton easier to do the CBL code in C and use inline ASM for the
calc interface and the target sensor.  You should probably use the 16F84.
Its a nice little chip.

Which language do you 'do'?  Its already kinda been done...  I'd recomend
you just set the thing to alaways return a single variable with the data
required and have different code for each set of calcs.  That would make
things much easier.

>1) whether your MP3 software doesn't work

All of it works.  THe only one that doesn't work is AMP 2.0b6 and it stinks.

>2) whether a certian processor implements cisc or risc

RISCy CISCy

>3) which computer is faster or slower or more powerful or does things
>like make you lunch.

My TI-85 is faster than your ZX Sinclair.

>4) how you think you can make a useful machine from a bunch of old
>computers

My Compaq "Portable" 8088 16k ram runs better than your TRS-80.

>5) why you run more than one OS on a system at a time

I run multiple OSs on an HC11.

>6) your internet prowess, IP address, own domain name, ping instructions

You take your GJRK and apply a UIO to it to make a complete WENM.  Then
with that you can use your IHG to make FGH work properly.  Other wise,
RTFM.  ;)

>7) how to obtain software illegally

Ask the company.  I've done it before.  Only one who replied was RedHat and
they mailed me free CDs.

>8) how awsome you think you are at programming, thinking, farting, etc.

I had this fart at lunch today, well more on that later...I havn't finished.

Oh...did he say he didn't want to talk about that?  :)

Follow-Ups: References: