Re: TI-H: USB Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: USB Link

>>From: Grant Stockly <gussie@alaska.net>
>>Also agian, Atmel just released 2 wire serial flash
>>chips at 128kbyte.  Plans for 256k and 512k are in the works.
>
>So, just to be clear, Atmel has a 128kB I2C flash memory chip?
>Kick ass :)  What kind of support hardware does it require?
>I guess I should go look it up.

THere is another company that has the 128k chips.  Atmel only has 64k for $3.

I totally messed up that message above.  Atmel isn't the company I meant to
say...  I'll have to remember which one I wanted to say...

It requires power and 2 wires.  :)  If you want more than one chip (you can
have up to 4 on a bus) then you have to use 1 extra wire.  :)

Go to atmel's www page...

>Why are you complaining about the EII?  Make your own based on
>new hardware using I2C, then you'll have complete source to
>apply to your own projects and release as you see fit.

The EII is already done.  :/  There are much cheeper sources of memory than
the one bryan chose.  I just think that if the chips firmware was released,
maybe we wouldn't focus on I2C memory...  I don't want to see the EII die
out, but it will if there is no community support.  Calc driver release was
a start, but only a start.