Re: TI-H: USB Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: USB Link

Yeah, Mel, but you do realize, that the Mac can live on, even if the company
dies! Look at commodore. They died miserably, but many people still have
commodore's set up and still use them (I do). What about the NES? It's been
dead for so long, but popularity has kept it a strong game platform still to
today! It's the same with the Mac. Even is the company dies, all us REAL Mac
users will be able to get pretty much any mac program for free (no one will
care anymore but us) and we can get hardware for cheap, cause it'll be things
comanies and schools will pretty much throw out! There will always be
hobbyists who create games and freware/shareware for the MAc for many years to
come, and it'll realy sort out th ereal computer users from the generic PC users.

Do you seriously expect loyalty like that on a PC.

For me, if Apple went under, it would just mean that I could get a Powerbook
G3 for a couple hundred in a matter of a year or so! (:

I could probably get the Code Warrior development tool for clearance for a few
bucks, and load iup on the Mac only peripherals for mega low clearance prices.
I would easily borrow cash to buy out one of each item in the entire clearance
of mac mall if Apple went under.

Still, If Apple went under, they might even make a few last strugling attempts
to save the Macintosh platform by allowing clone developeers to come back with
the ROM. It would break down in a short time, but I believe it's possible.

To tell you the truth, microsoft would probably buy the ROM and use it as a
basis for their next OS and create a BIOS or something with it to realy
capture the Mac on the PC platform. SUre you'd lose the power, but If
microsoft had it, they might actualy be ablre to make windows half way usable! (:

There realy are a million different senarios, but I can also preach of the day
M$ crashes, and I'm not talking what my PC does 2x a day when i turn it on and
try to make windows load! (:
--

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html

Follow-Ups: References: