Re: TI-H: USB Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: USB Link

> Speed differences aren't due to limitations in the interface, they're
> due to the desired featrues and costs of manufacturing.  It would be
> easy as hell to add another row of pins to an EIDE connection header
> and make it 64 bits wide @ 20ns with a 32 meg cache and blow SCSI out
> of the water and still retain ATA-4 compatibiliity, but there's no
> need for this so they don't do it.  Who cares about the interface.
>
> -Mel

Well, Obviously, the people who purchase high end drives which need faster interfaces.

Why don't someone add that pin or whatever and throw a high quality case on an
EIDE drive? cause People don't use EIDE for high end super fast stuff. They
use high end SCSI for that!

And a G3 if they realy want to do something with it! (:

Seriously though, If I just want a simple machine that ain't going to cost an
arm and a leg, I'll buy a low end Mac, it still kicks any PC's butt.

I simply prefer the Mac interface. All I care about is that, and that it is
fast, and all the G3 chips pretty much kick @$$.

The Pentium based machines are good for price and are widely accepted. Intel
keeps pushing the speed, and that's a good thing. the G3 seems to me to have
plenty of power, and the PII plenty of speed. The G3 is still faster though,
even thought he PII is closer now. I don't care if they have their game of tug
of war. I also don't care whether that put SCSI or EIDE or USB or paralel, or
ADB. As long as it's a good computer that does the job, I'll take it!

I still prefer Macs though. They may not have the most modern OS, but the
Interface is definitely a plus, considering MacroCo$t, I mean, Micro$oft is
constantly aiming for a more mac like interface (look at win 3.1 to win 95!)
Bill Gates is a self proclaimed Mac lover, and tha's why he copies their
interface the best he can, cause it's a good one! I used to hate windows, but
it's getting better and better. It's all good. they each have their ups and
downs, same as the diferent interfaces have different advantages (cost,
performance, ease of use, complexity). Same thing. I woun't be suprised if
someone tries that thing tyou mentioned before. Maybe it will go, and maybe
it'll flop??? Who cares, we always can turn to SCSI when we need REAL speed! (:

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html

Follow-Ups: References: