Re: TI-H: USB Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: USB Link

Firepower5@aol.com wrote:

> >  > > >  devices.
> >
> >  Let me see, 3 monitors + 1 printer + 1 scanner + 1 keyboard +
> >  1 mouse +  120 computers running in parallel (all linked through
> >  USB) = a really power full machine to do a whole lot of math in
> >  a very short amount of time.
> That reminds me, some people (I forget what organization) linked up about 120
> PCs to make a supercomputer 1/4 the cost of an equivalent Cray =)
>
> Rob

  The NCSA (National Center for Supercomputing Applications) Created the 256
processor supercluster.  They're 128 individual dual PII processor's running NT
linked in parallel. Soon they're gonna upgrade to 512 processors to make the
world's largest super cluster.  Check it out at www.ncsa.uiuc.edu.
--Josh