Re: TI-H: TI-Rumble pack

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-Rumble pack

>About the rumble pack, I'm designing and building it, and i"ll get info
>posted, but this is a BIG project, and it's not going to be something I
build
>for people. (no time, I don't even build SPinTerfaces anymore!!!).
>
>Anyway, it consists of a noise filter, a quad transistor amplifier (two
>darlingtons to drive the rumble motors and two standard NPN to drive
the
>speakers. It'll have a diode/switch array to set it up for diferent
programs
>(you wouldn't want plain jump II running with the rumble motors on, or
they'd
>run almost constantly, cause the stupid music, but if you removed the
music,
>and had a beep or pop when the ball jumps and lands, it'd work. Z-pong
will
>work in stereo (you feel the computer hit on the right, and you hit on
the
>left! or however that was supposed to go)
>
>If it has sound, it'll run the pack in sync with the audio. I'd like a
circuit
>that only drives the motors when it recieves a pulse, but not when the
line
>stays high and not when it stays low. I need help here (And you'll
recieve
>credit for the sugestion if it works and is actualy uasable in the
circuit).

>The line driver is almost a part for part replica of the muscle wire
power
>driver on my 6 legged muscle wire robot. just less drivers (I only need
4, and
>2 are plain transistors instead of Darlingtons) THe lenth of the Motor
driver
>circuit is about 1.5 inches, and I add another inch for the transistor
pair
>for the speakers (no cheapo quiet sound here!!!).
>
>I repeat though, is there a circuit, a chip, anything, that can detect
a pulse
>and give a high if a pulse or a state change exists, and hold it for a
>fraction of a second??? If I can have it accept a state change, than
you could
>have a nearly inaudible click initiate the rumble, and then allow the
rumble
>to be independent of sound!!! A simple RC timer can keep it going for a
split
>second, but it's the pulse detection that concerns me. Is there a flip
flop or
>a phase locked loop circuit that can do this??? some other logic. I'm
just
>throwing out things from the top of my head to possibly seed an idea in
>someone else!
>
>Hope someone can help!  (:
>--
Just an idea, you can put an capacitor between the calc and the
rumble-pack. This will only let ac-currents through and will block
dc-currents. Don't know if you can use this (probably not) but you can
always try. I will think about it when i get home (i don't have internet
at home) and i'll get back to you.

Neil