Re: TI-H: PCB

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: PCB

So the photoresist is like a piece of film, and the transparency masks it, you
then "fix" the chemicals with the developing solution and etch it. Sounds
simple enough. what are the costs??? I think i saw some good deals in tech
america and parts express. any recomendations though. I think I'll try it. you
say 10 minutes is the aproximate exposure time??? Is this a slow reacting film
(to allow little bits of light to not seriously affect it, so you don't need a
dark room, or is something like a dark room needed?)
--

Greg Hill wrote:

> > Bettwr yet, I've found that the VERY best thing are dry transfers! I
> > made a board and someone actualy though I bought it!!! I like to take
> > the letters from the copyright and put labels like Made in USA, or
> > sometimes I put my name on it. THAT makes it look professional!!!
>
> Umm, like Mel said.. The positive photoresist method blows all other
> methods away. Draw the circuit on a clear plastic sheet (ie draw it on the
> computer, laser printer puts it on an overhead transparency), press that
> on top of the positive photoresist-treated board out in direct sunlight
> for about 10 minutes. Bring it inside, put it through the developer, and
> put it through the etchant. SOOO much easier than markers or dry transfer.
>
> --
> Greg Hill
> greg-hill@bigfoot.com
> www.comports.com/link

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html

Follow-Ups: References: