Re: TI-H: 2D Graphics routines in BASIC using matricies

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: 2D Graphics routines in BASIC using matricies

What ever happened to Insight3D?  A while ago, someone announced that he
would make a program/library for the 92 that had all sorts of 3D
functions...  I haven't heard much about it since the possible features
were announced...

- noah zoschke (nzoschke@juno.com)

On Sun, 02 Aug 1998 00:47:25 -0400 Christopher Kalos
<raptorone@geocities.com> writes:

>Damn, I'm sorry... I never DID send out my source, did I???  Eep.Okay,
>here goes... You
>know scale/rotate/transform matrices in 3d, I'm hoping.
>Set up a point list, 4rows, n columns, where n is the number of
>points.
>Then do a point list, in which each entry points to two points, so you
>can draw lines.
>Perspective correction is based on multiplying the x and y values by a
>focus value (-.3),
>and dividing by z.Next deal, get all the calculations, and then
>multiply these 4x4
>matrices together... the 4th entry in a point is the W entry, which
>should be a 1 until
>you go into Local Coordinate Systems.  This allows you to set up a 4x4
>matrix that you
>multiply by your point list, and BOOM, you have an adjusted point
>list.  convert to
>perspective corrected on the fly for now, I'll dig up the algorithms
>later.  But this
>should give you a head start.  Also, USE MENUS!!! :)  It makes it a
>LOT easier, although
>a bit painful to implement.
>
>WOW!!! I'm finally being useful!!!
>Now to implement a 3d processor to work off the linkport (so NORMAL
>ppl will use it
>Grant...), complete with texmapping :)
>
>CK
>

>> THe 3D software was never given an interface, and I simply can not
>find, it,
>> but it's not much diferent. The matricies just have an extra row and
>collumn.
>> There is some code changes, but they are minimal. The math is done
>by
>> multiplying matricies. It's similar to a Silicon Graphics machine in
>that it
>> uses matricies and similar calculations, but they do verctor
>processing where
>> it calculates the matrix calculations in a single step or something
>like that.
>> The turbo improves speed very noticably, but it's still to slow to
>be of use
>> in a BASIC game, unless it's to manipulate an object like a puzzle
>(any
>> ideas???) Tetrispere anyone??? It could be done if the 3D code were
>redone,
>> but iit still would be too slow in BASIC (I'm emphasizing slow, even
>with turbo)
>>

>> Richard Piotter
>> richfile@prairie.lakes.com
>>
>> The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
>> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]