Re: TI-H: *Great News*

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: *Great News*

ryan pogge wrote:

> Rich I have autocad 14, um E-mail me and we can um... talk :)
> hehe I dont do warez... yeeaa OK ,.... um how fast Is your Internet
> connection out of pure curiousity :) maybee we can test it out with say
> about a 70 meg transfer :)

Now remember I only have one or maybe two molds (if I'm lucky) to work with.
The design described would need 3/4 individual pieces to be molded. If you
guys hold off for a bit I can get the Ti cases scanned into one of Georgia
Tech 3d scanners (i forgot the real name). The machines at tech are the
closest thing to the star trek replicators. You put the piece in the
scanner, the laser scanner scans it, turns it into cad, then you can modify
the cad, feed it into another rapid-protyping machine and crank out pieces
to make the molds off of! Its pretty cool. If I can get a couple of Ti cases
(an 83/86 back panel and battery door and an 83/86 back panel and battery
door--anyone got any they can donate?--) I can have the guys at tech to scan
then into cad. Do you have a zip drive? If you do I could mail you the cad.
It would make your job tons easier, and the cases would end up looking just
like thick originals. The only modifications would be to the outer edge, the
battery door, the battery well, and the screw wells. A hefty job, but at
least everything would fit together well.
                            -Michael Malluck

Follow-Ups: References: