Re: TI-H: *Great News*

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: *Great News*

I've got autocad 14 (for windows). If you wanna send em, please do.
I can send you my postal address via private e-mail if you'd like to send
them that way, or if you just wanna send scans...

-- Jon Olson

Windows NT System Administrator
C/C++/Perl/Lisp/VB/QB/QC/mIRC/ircII/Tcl/Tk/bash/csh Programmer
Linux System Administrator
Webmaster/Postmaster/Newsmaster For jmss.com

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, Richard Piotter wrote:

> >     The intial cases I get will be free. Those will probally go to the people
> > who help me come up the the cad file, and other stuff (*hint*hint* help me come
> > up with a CAD file and get a free case or two!). After I get the
> > rapid-prototyped part and guys at Georgia Tech can't make me anymore parts,
> > I'll have to go into production myself or give it to someone else to do. The
> > silicon mold cost about $50 and I hope to make 10 cases before the mold dies.
> > So I could probally sell them for $6.00 (heck, I want a little money for the
> > work) plus shipping. With a silicon mold I can only make a case a day, and
> > black will probally be the only color I'll be able to make (the actual material
> > is an epoxy like substance that takes 24 hours to setup).
>
> Like I said, I have GREAT designs that people have seen before and seemed to
> like (a couple people said they liked it a lot). I don't ahve CAD, but I'll
> send my designs to anyone who does have it. They include everything you'd
> need. Speaker, volume, switches, and holes for plugs. The holes for all
> switches and plugs are popouts, which simply means the plastic is thinner so
> you can break and then trim it so you can add only what you want. Speaker and
> volume controls are a bit more dificult to mess with, so, unless I redesign,
> those are permanent. I think I can easily change that though. I just need to
> find a good part from mouser or DigiKey. I use All Electronics stuff quite
> often, but that's surplus, and a case like this NEEDs to use standard parts
> that are no likely to be discontinued.
>
> Also, do you know haw to make molds??? If so, you could use the last casting
> made from it to make a new mold.
>
> I have done simple plaster molds before. It's not that difficult to make the
> molds. Is it like silicone you can get from a hardware store??? I'd make
> additional molds from the case I'd buy or get (get, get, get, PLEEEEZE! :) and
> continue producing them even after the original mold is unusable. That molding
> I did before, almost was silicone, but a freshman in highschool has to choose
> cost savings over quality or ease of use! (:
>
> I have read much on it. I'd like to try. Also, are you using a thin lubricant
> to help preserve the original mold? One source says molds with few engraved
> details can often use a type of lubrication to help the casting be removed.
> I'd have to re read all my materials. It could possibly extend the life of the
> mold for a few tries.
>
> Then again, you could
> > always spraypaint the damn thing. :)
>
> I've done that before (:

> Oh, and about the LCD...
>
> the filter is actualy a polarizer. It is not simply a filter.
>

> Richard Piotter
> richfile@prairie.lakes.com
>
> The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html

Follow-Ups: References: