Re: TI-H: EL Backlight installed!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: EL Backlight installed!

From: Greg Hill <gregh@xmission.com>
>On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, David Knaack wrote:
>True.. I wasn't sure if you had it on or off. I would suspect that
there
>are probably some pins which go high (or low) when the LCD gets
turned on
>and then switch back when it goes off. Maybe if you probe around for
>something like that (or get pinouts for the LCD drivers..?) it might
be
>possible to find something.

I poked around there a bit with the multimeter, and found two leads
that appeared to have AC on them, but that may have just been my
badly filtered power supply.  I'd like to see the schematic for
the LCD board.  Hey Rich, when is that going to be done? :)

<snip>
>Okay, so a 9 milliohm resistor is hard to find.

Kinda hard to measure with typical equipment too :)

> A coil of wire might
>work. The battery circuit here draws like 1A at 14v, so its resistor
would
>be about 1.7 ohms, which is a little easier to come up with.. Maybe
this
>circuit would be best saved for high-current projects. Or maybe we
can
>tweak the circuit so it'll work here anyway. Any suggestions?

Sounds like a difficult way to do it, I'll see if I can poke around
some more tonight, but I have to do some more work on the kits first.

DK