Re: TI-H: Who gives a §hit about dyer!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Who gives a §hit about dyer!

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998, Richard Piotter wrote:

> personaly, I don't think one person with a crap-mail program that can't
> read HTML should complain. Get with the times and update junk-ware, and

I was using Netscape Communicator for my e-mail earlier today, but after
crashing it six times in under 90 seconds, I decided to switch back to
PC-Pine. It doesn't do HTML, but it has never crashed, either. And it
loads faster. And it saves my sent-mail to the IMAP server rather than
saving it locally. And it doesn't keep a copy of all my mail on the local
machine. And I don't think IE4 does that stuff, either. So just because
something is newer doesn't make it any better. In fact, my dialup
connection just died but PC-Pine just keeps on going.

> same again if he realizes he can get away with it. No one can do
> anything, and if they can, they most likely will laugh at you. So
> contact the parents, if they don't care, warn the kid you will
> retaliate. If he ignores you, mail bomb the guy. He doesn't deserve to

<most comments supressed, being off-topic>

Admit you've been had and just get on with life. Of course you realize
that mailbombing CAN be traced back to the source. He complains to his
service provider, who goes back over their mail transport logs. About
10,000 connections appear, each one with the same IP address. A simple
lookup procedure tells what ISP owns that IP address. A phone call to that
ISP to look through the dialup logs to see who was on that IP at the time.
Poof, you just lost your ISP account and all the data stored on it.

And then you're out $20 AND whatever money you had paid to the ISP. Plus
you just lost your e-mail account and web pages on that ISP.

--
Greg Hill
greg-hill@bigfoot.com

Follow-Ups: References: