Re: TI-H: Beta Testing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Beta Testing

On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Bruce Christensen wrote:

> Please fill out the following info if you want to be a beta tester and send
> it to mailto:bruce@iname.com.  I'll then resubmit your names.

Anybody for reading instructions? Bruce, realizing that a reply to this
message would fall in the "personal reply" category, said to reply
directly to him. It seems clear to me that sort of thing doesn't belong
on the list. I sell link cables to people over the net. What would you
think if I had all customer questions and order forms get sent through
the mailing list? There really isn't any reasonable justification for
doing that.

Basically, I'm tired of seeing personal replies showing up on this list.
I don't have a problem with people mentioning that they'll be selling some
item or product on the list or with asking for information via the list.
The problem is that people reply to indicate their interest, but make
everybody on the list read about it. I realize that it is often a result
of quick replies, but it still seems to happen too frequently. Please take
a couple seconds to think about what you're sending and to whom before you
give the send command.

Respectfully,

--
Greg Hill