Re: TI-H: Re: Extender uP Board layout for SPinTerface

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Richard Piotter wrote:

> I think It would be best for you to develope the basic hardware and I'll
> see to making a SPinTerface version based on your hardware. That way,
> you won't be bothered by two designs. The SPinTerface version ccan use
> the same EuP Bus architecture, but I may try it with surface mount
> parts, with the exception of the PIC, which I can get from you.

Welp, the basic hardware is already finished. All that remains is
for someone (you, I would assume, if you wish to take the task on)
is to design a modular "hot-swap" bus. This is essentially an addon
feature and may or may not make it into the official firmware, assuming
I ever sell finished products. But if somebody can get it working, I may
send him or her the firmware source and let them hack their own or
at the very least offer rudimentary support in the firmware myself.

As I said I am very limited in the amount of free time I have now,
but I will try to stay up with list developments. I've posted a ton of
very technical info on the EuP site... those interested can check it
out at http://www.flash.net/~bryanr/extend/

> If I do start building SPinTerface versions, I'll need to buy the chips.
> I'll ask later how I can get them.

Insight Electronics is the place that I got mine from. The EuP site
provides links to other Atmel distributors.

Bryan Rittmeyer
bryanr@flash.net