TI-H: Power Savings, I built a power pack that runs well

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Power Savings, I built a power pack that runs well

>As things are, mine runs down in about 10-16hrs of use. Before
>about 1990, it would have been a safe assumption that most of
>that was memory, but now days most gets eaten by the CPU. To the
>best of my knowledge they have never built Z-80 with a power
>down feature so we are stuck with this limitation unless of
>coarse you provide for external power.

I built a nice power supply that plugs into my SPinTerface port. I would
be willing to build one for you for $20. It requires some sort of
connection to the calc, and mine runs through the SPinTerface port,
which I also will install for $20. I take off $5 if bought together,
because I only need to pay shipping once.

If you want one, You can let me know and I'll install one into your
calc. It would be my 7th or 8th upgrade so far. The SPinTerface port
also provides a regulated 5v supply, which might be useful for
controling digital motion control chips. It uses a cheap 5x2 (10) pin
header for the cartridges and module connections, and automaticly shuts
the regulator down when you remove the plug. It is an EXTENTION of the
standard link port that allows not only data, but power to be linked in
and out of the calc.

If you want the upgrade, just ask. The info is on my web site. You can
probably build one yourself, but you'll need to order the regulator from
National Semiconductor and find the parts for it. If you want the
upgrade, ask.

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A