RE: TI-H: Okay I maybe overreacted

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: Okay I maybe overreacted

At 09:32 PM 10/4/97 -0800, you wrote:

:x--------------------  SNIP  -------------------x:

The main problem with any RF-link is the feedback we get for having a
transmitter right next to a reciever while both are working. We need to
eliminate almost ALL noise emissions to get it to work without errors.

>> -=<Matt>=-

:x--------------------  SNIP  -------------------x:

Error correcting is going to be a pain. I don't know too much software, but
is there any way to maybe mask in software the TX. i.e.

the calc sends

101010101011010101010111

take a copy of that and use it to filter out the sequence in the RX side.

The problem I see with it, is that you may not RX this exact bitstream,
because of spurious noise, interference from other calcs TX etc..

I know, here comes the groans, but we are neglecting one more important
aspect. The legal side. FCC 47 CFR 15.122 states that "... the duration of
each transmission shall not be greater than one second and the silent
period between transmissions shall be at least 30 times the transmission
duration but in no case less than 10 seconds." This is in reference to
private projects transmitting up to 100 feet. This is from a Radio Shack
book, so if anybody has the actual URL where I could find this, I would be
greatly appreciative. There is also rules governing signal strengths. I
know the way they measure this is to place it on a bench, and they measure
the signal strength at certain distances around the TXing device. I'm not
trying to be a wet blanket. You do with this info as you will. I just don't
believe in ignorance.

:)

Leif

- zldgregory@biogate.com
    Dedicated to providing you with more
    information than you needed to know.

    To email me, remove the z in my address  -