TI-H: RF Link....

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: RF Link....

I'm unsure about the validity of this, but here goes:
	If error checking is a problem, why not have another layer to the
transmission process?  For example, Bryan Rabbler (spelling? sorry...)
just released the Extender uP for the TI-92, it adds 1/2 MB of memory,
and does transfers using the TI protocol.  TI Protocol.  That's what we
want, right?  Well, and I know that this is a whole lot of stuff to
write in assembly and transfer to a PIC, but would it be plausible to
create a device that would accept a data packet from a calculator (the
PIC), send that data to a sort of buffer (I know, that would be
expensive and require a much more complicated circuit, but maybe there's
an alternative...) where the packet can be modulated and sent, it's
received, demodulated, error checked, and passed on to the receiving
calc in the TI Protocol.  Hmmm, that's a hefty chunk for a hopefully
small device.  You'd have to make sure that the radio channels (or IR)
used were clear.  You'd have to figure out an error checking scheme.
You'd have to write the software for the PIC (or whatever else is
used...).  You'd have to make sure that the calculator doesn't timeout
when a packet is waiting to be sent.  You'd have to find a way to store
a packet.....Golly.  That sure is a lot.  Maybe I'm making this more
complicated than it really is.  However, Bryan says something on his
web-page about an Extender bus and modular design.  Here's an idea (and
a lot of this depends on how the Extender actually works....) what if
this can all actually be built and written.  Could it be incorportaed
into a storage device like his?  Radio-transmission and a hard-drive,
all in one.
			Just a thought,
			Jeremy Braun
--