Re: TI-H: lots of ideas

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: lots of ideas

> Sorry to rain on your parade, but that idea floated around the list a few
months ago.  I think there was a problem with powering it due to the AC and
voltage.  Anyway, I think that the LED method might work, it just needs proper
grinding, reflective tape

> There is a product sold as a night light that has an electroluminescent
> panel (EL or Indiglo) in it. It is about 5 mm (if I remember correctly)
> smaller than the LCD screen in each direction. It is about 1.5mm thick.

   Actually, it won't be raining quite yet.  Although the Nitelight Indeglow
panel is AC powered (115V, .0003W -- I cut one open to find out!), the watch
sized panels are not.  They are 3V .0003W devices.  I have also seen these
panels used to illuminate pins at parties.  The pins ran on two watch batteries
and had three of these panels.  I assume You'd need 6x4 for a TI-92 and 4x3 for
the TI-85, but that's just a guess (I'm sure there are different sizes).

Soooo.. if anyone has or knows where to get the watch-sized Indeglow panels
which run on DC(?) voltage, PLEASE let me know.

--Bryan
bcturner@eos.ncsu.edu

Follow-Ups: References: