Re: TI-H: Expander SF

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Expander SF

>Awhile ago I got parts for a ESF (original box and chip from Mel; he
>build it) and haven't gotten it to work yet. I have tried it on several
>TI-85's and none of them seem to be able to connect to it. He told me
>(Mel) that the link port can be bad and that might be the reason it
>doesn't work. Can anyone tell me how it could support linking to a
>computer but not the ESF? As far as I know it's a electrical connection
>that if it works for one thing it SHOULD work for the other; shouldn't
>it?!

It's a strange phenomenon, yes... but it happens.  You can
definitively test this by actually soldering the link connections to
the board and then it's practically guaranteed to work.

One problem could be with inductance...  There are inline inductors on
the linkport circuit inside the TI-85 that can sometimes wreak havoc,
but I have yet to determine the affect this has.

Note that the expander II will alleviate this problem by being
internal and bypassing the linkport and going right to the
microcontroller pins (I think).

-Mel
-The TI-Memory Expansion Homepage
-http://www.egr.msu.edu/~tsaimelv/expander.htm