Re: TI-H: TI-MOUSE

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-MOUSE

True, with the current expander you can not have another device connected
to the link port.  However, if you had a microprocessor hooked up to a
mouse and a link port on that, you would be able to have both running
virtually simultaneously if you had another version of software.  However,
that's a lot of work, more work than I think anyone will ever be willing
to put into the TI-85.
> >The mouse would have to be connected to the link port, but AFAIK you
> >can't have both the Expander and another device connected to the link
> >port at the same time.
>
> 	I'm not familiar with the Expander design, but I think it should be
> 	possible to add a mouse port to it. At least to the uC-expander.
>
> >But the real problem is that I don't think a mouse would be very useful
> >in a calculator, at least if you consider the technical modifications
> >that would need to be done. There are much more interesting projects
>
> 	Well, I connecting a pc-mouse to ti should be quite trivial. All you
> 	would have to do would be converting the RS232 voltage levels to ttl.
> 	Or if you used a bus-mouse you wouldn't have to do even that.

"Sometimes it's better to just shut up then you know... letting the
bird fly"
-Valentin Deaconu, Professor of Math at University of Nevada