Re: TI-H: TI-MOUSE

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-MOUSE

> The only practical solution would be to connect a UART to the TI and use
> it to time the RS232C operations right. In fact, that's what I'm
> currently trying to build (as one of my projects...oh well.) I should
> get the SCC2691 UART tomorrow and connect it to the TI with two
> PCF8574's. Also, a MAX232 will be needed. With that design it is
> possible to connect a mouse, or any other RS232C device such as a modem,
> to the link port. But it costs about $30 (I'd guess, FIM 150 if you're
> interested) to build.

Much cheaper and simpler is to use a PIC16C54, or a PIC12C50X,
the microcontroller will be simply programed to send the cursor
position when he recives commands from the calc, this way
there will be no driver(that eats memory) on the calc, and
you don't have to worry about the timing; all is done on
the PIC.
If someone is interested in the schematic for such
a thing, mail me, and I will try to draw them.

P.S. Do a pen pointer act like a mouse? (I have
never seen one... ;), a pen is cooler...we could
add handwrite recognition...

--
Sami Khawam
sKhawam@bigfoot.com