Re: TI-H: ADB Mouse

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ADB Mouse

Okay, well I'm sorry.  Someone that makes hardware for calcs and likes,
should have seen the inside of a mouse.  Open one up!  Theres not much
inside.  (You have to peel of the plastic.

>>No.  I don't think you use a Mac.
>
>NOT use a MACINTOSH! Right I never use my PowerBook 1400cs or my
>Performa 550/CD. I have a PC and got SOFTWINDOWS 4.0 to emulate it on my
>Mac! At least it runs on a Mac.
>
>>Macintosh mouses don't have any driver
>>chips at all.  Macintoshes have smart firmware that can recognize a
>mouse
>>or keyboard and install the generic driver.

The firmware isn't in the mouse.  It is in the computer.  The firmware is
tne ADB stuff.

>That isnt all as acurate as you think. ALL Macintosh Keyboards & Mice
>have an ADB (Apple Desktop Bus) interface chip. That chip converts the
>key or movement data to a simple protocol that is read by the computer's
>ADB chip. The toolbox can get that data simply and easily and run it
>through the Tool Box's generic driver.

I'll scan a picture of my Apple ADB mouse and you can find the chip.

>For special mouses, drivers
>>can be written that use the Took Box (Rom routines) to make a driver.
>
>Duh! but they still use an ADB chip, cause Mac mice/keyboards don't plug
>in to the serial communications port(s).

I know.  Here are the parts inside of a mouse:
1 switch
2 rollers
6 resistors
8 capicitors