Re: TI-H: Expander, etc.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Expander, etc.

Tony Lieuallen wrote:

> JUSTIN BOSCH wrote:
> > What I meant was why not use lithium batteries for the expander-type
> > devices and use normal memory chips.  The TI uses ONE lithium
> battery
> > that powers the RAM probably 90% of the time (more or less depending
> > on your calc usage).
> Actually, the lithium battery is used only when the AAAs are not
> installed, so not really that 90% of the time...
> --
>             ''~``
>            ( o o )
>   ____.oooO__(_)__Oooo.__________
>  /  Tony Lieuallen               \
> [ arantius@erols.com              ]
> [    .oooO http://gifs.home.ml.org]
> [    (   )   Oooo.                ]
>  \____\ (____(   )_______________/
>        \_)    ) /
>              (_/
>
> I Microsoft made cars, occasionally your car would just die for no
> reason,
> and you'd have to restart it. For some strange reason, you'd just
> accept
> this.

Not only that, you would usually have to start your whole trip over, and
sometimes your engine would blow up and the car would continually leak
coolant, oil, and gas.  If you called Microsoft and explained your
situation, they would agree, and tell you to get a bigger gas tank
(which of course would make a much bigger explosion).... etc... etc...
:)  Sorry, had to add that... :)

--
Ben Shakal
shakalb98@jhs.net