Re: TI-H: Game Boy games are possible, with work

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 08:51 AM 8/17/97 -0400, Bryan Rittmeyer wrote:
>Secondly... I think this list could practically be renamed
>"SCREW-NINTENDO-OF-AMERICA" For crying out loud! Those cartridges are
>copyrighted, trademarked, and otherwise legally protected up their
>plastic butts. If you dumped the cartridge ROM and ported it to a TI
>calculator you would face serious legal penalties.
>
>Its MUCH easier, cheaper, and more legally kosher to simply rewrite the
>game. Anyway, have you ever tried to read decompiled source? You'd spend
>as long hacking the gameboy and its ROM source as you would rewriting
>the
>entire game from scratch!

Sorry to get on your ass again bryan, but if someone owns a game, they can
legally dump the rom wherever the hell they'd like ;-).

|         Joseph M. Gaffney - gaffney@thethinker.com         |
|           "Tiocfaidh Ár Lá" / "Our Day Will Come"          |
|  "If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Knock The Smile Off My Face"  |
|                   The Creative Outlet                      |
|       http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/           |

Follow-Ups: References: