TI-H: Ti-92 hardware, I made a joystick!(sort of)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Ti-92 hardware, I made a joystick!(sort of)

i just put spinterface on my 92, and an internal sf expander(in  case
anyone ever figures out drivers for it :)

FITTING STUFF IN CALC(92)

the ti-92 is extreamly easy to put internall electronics into and the
spinterface also......as it has two back covers you can remove the first
cover and there is a rige in the second cover that eetends all the way
across the top,  this "vally" is deep
enough to easly fit chips, voltage regulators and ports into and it is
right at the top, for the spinterface you only need to cut off a small
section of the lip, and a hole in the first cover. i fit a expander chip
voltage regulator and the resistor and capacitor in there no problem, and
it is very easy for me to remove if noone ever makes the drivers,  also
this only took up about 1/6 of the space in there, so there is room for
alot more projects.

in fact the whole back of the 92, under the first cover has room for wires
and maybee some surface mount parts....!!!!!

SECOND PORT

on another note,  there is the matter of the second port on the 92, i know
its for a projector or something,, so does that mean that it somehow could
be conected to a tv tuner card and hooked to a tv, that would be awsome. or
could you do anything else with it?  there has got to be some hardware use
for it......

JOYSTICK

also as for the joystick.....i have sort of a joystick on my 92.
i wish i had a scanner :)
i found a game controller pad at staples yesterday that had a controll pad
identical to the 92's, except it had a hole in the middle and a little
stick that screwed into it....sort of like a little joystick..........you
can unscrew the joystick part when you arnt useing it.

LIGHTING battery xpander

on the 92 you can use the cover as a stand you slide the little extrusions
on the top outside corners of the 92, into the slots on the inside of the
case and set it down,,,,,,,it props up the calc, and kepps the glare out.

i found two uses for this

for this you should call TI and get a replacement cover.

(1) i glued a reading light(you know the ones that clip onto a book so you
can read at night) to the cover and the battery pack too.  so that you can
cast light on the screen at night.....this gave me a second idea...

(2) a battery expander............run wires from the battery termanals to
the top of the calc and use a 2 prong conector(like the spinterface)
this gives you a place to plug in externall batterys :)  then you can put a
battery pack on your accesory cover with a 2 pin connector on that and when
you want to use it just plug it in to the calc :)

wow it works great.

hope this is of use to you guys!