Re: TI-H: Re: Hya Richard. SPinterface

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Richard Piotter wrote:

> The Expander uP is being worked on now (close to finnish?), but chances
> are, it's only giong to run on the TI-92 till the PIC driver is updated
> for others. It WILL be a SPinTerface cart and a link project.

Nope. The TI protocol is exactly the same on every calculator made by
TI. In other words, one firmware version will work on all the calcs.

One problem that I have run into is that the TI-92 can accept large
amounts of data much more rapidly than the other calcs, but it
still can not process the data as fast as the Extender uP can send it.
Thus, the Extender uP firmware, to maintain compatibility with other
calculators, will either have to know which calculator it is connected
to so it can delay between bytes and prevent overruns, or at the
very least have a high interbyte delay so that it works on all of the
calcs. I will probably end up using some kind of calc ID system,
but like I said before, I want to get it working on the TI-92
first. Support for other calcs will come later.

Of course, the Extender driver would have to be ported to other
calculators before it would work.

> Electronics Goldmine has a tiny laptop trackball for $3 cause the
> company went out of buisness. If someone figured out how to connect it,
> it might make a nice add on.

Its basically a serial device, which would interface nicely with the
Extender uP's serial port.

> Someone mentioned a terminal if the modem problem is figured out...
> There are these small LCD displays you can get for real cheap at
> electronics discount stores. Some have a serial interface. If someone

The cheapest serial interface LCD that I have found is the Wirz
Electronics SLI... Which I have used EXTENSIVELY to debug the Extender
uP
firmware. Its $30 however, not exactly the same price as the $2 surplus
"serial LCDs" that you can get at electronics places.

> could connect a modem and one of those screens together, you could
> display 80 columns, you get a TI-Terminal!
>
> Use an 8-bit I2C interface chip to read a matrix keypad with a qwerty
> keyboard.

Aren't we going a bit overboard here? Its a calculator for crying out
loud... it has a keypad and LCD already. ;-)

If you keep sending this many messages out each day we might have to
crown you spam king of TI-H, Rich. :-)

Bryan Rittmeyer
bryanr@flash.net