Re: TI-H: Re: Hya Richard. SPinterface

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re: Hya Richard. SPinterface

>Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 21:09:44 -0400
>To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
>From: Joseph Gaffney <gaffney@thethinker.com>
>Subject: Re: TI-H: Re: Hya Richard. SPinterface
>
>At 05:33 PM 8/13/97 PDT, Richard Piotter wrote:
>>

>>>From: "Austin Butler" <corndog@flash.net>
>>>To: "Richard Piotter" <richfiles@hotmail.com>
>>>Subject: Re: Hya Richard.
>>>Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 16:38:44 -0700
>>>
>>>I want everything.  No matter how useless it is, I want it.  I want
>>>temperature, LED, IR link, little joystick (there's an idea!)
>
>joystick is being worked on i think
>
>>, little=20
>>mouse,
>
>A trackpad would be better, its about the size of the screen and could
be
>used easily as an exact plot mechanisms hell, with one of the ones with
>pen, it would be nice and easy to draw things =3D)
>
>>>speaker, but mainly THE EXPANDER!!!!!!!  I WISH I had one of those
damn
>>>chips...   Do you have any idea where I could get one?
>
>Speakers could be designed similar to laptops, using flat square
speakers

>>>This new strip of multiple connectors, should I wait till it is done?
>>> And also, what is a EII/II/EuP.  Some type of chip?  Some IRC guy
said=
>=20
>
>OK, heres how it is. The Expander II will be the flat out 512k expander
b=
>Mel.  The Expander III will also be by Mel, but will have numerous
added
>features, including speakers, etc, if he has time and decides it will
be
>worth it.  The Extender uP is the same as the Expander II but by Bryan
>Rittmyer (sp?).
>
>Just thought I'd explain some things and give Rich a few ideas of my
own =
>make it easier =3D).

HERE IS A LIST OF MY THOUGHTS
BY: Richard Piotter

The Expander uP is being worked on now (close to finnish?), but chances
are, it's only giong to run on the TI-92 till the PIC driver is updated
for others. It WILL be a SPinTerface cart and a link project.

Electronics Goldmine has a tiny laptop trackball for $3 cause the
company went out of buisness. If someone figured out how to connect it,
it might make a nice add on.

Someone mentioned a terminal if the modem problem is figured out...
There are these small LCD displays you can get for real cheap at
electronics discount stores. Some have a serial interface. If someone
could connect a modem and one of those screens together, you could
display 80 columns, you get a TI-Terminal!

Use an 8-bit I2C interface chip to read a matrix keypad with a qwerty
keyboard.

Try replacing the resistor and capacitor of the RC pair that regulates
clock speed and you could obtain super clock speeds cause the cap and
the resistor would have resonate frequencies closer to the new natural
resonate frequency. This would make the calc more stable, even if you
put the resistor and cap to their maximum extremes. the ti 82 can't have
a cap lower than a 5pf. but if the natural resonate frequency is raised
by matching the resistor, you might be able to drop the cap all the way
to 1pf, or even take it out??? Hey it might work!

Use a uP (microPower) audio amp in the speaker cart that turns itself
into a microAmp "sleep" mode when not in use to save power.

Have a strip of SPinTerface ports on a box with a switch on each to cut
power & link lines. Allow connection of several devices. Use I2C carts
with the 8-bit interface and a D/A converter to get 8-bit sound.

I2C clock chip installed internaly.

Battery case used as space for electronics and add ons. AA battery
holders on outside of case so AA batts can power longer than AAAs (This
would not be like the battery expander where you take it off and putt
AAA's back in and the old cover. This would be permanent. The batteries
would be on the outside of the case. The Old battery case is cut out and
used to hold internal electronics.)

A/D converters on an 8-bit I2C interface chip. Connect 2 variable
resistors on a joystick to it. Read the positions through I2C chip, and
still have room for 7 more I2C devices!!!

Use an I2C 8-bit interface chip as a type of parralel port.

Who knows? Half these ideas are cool, but most are probably insane!
}:-)

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A