Re: TI-H: Voltage Regulator

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Voltage Regulator

JUSTIN BOSCH wrote:

> I went to www.national.com and registered, and was able to get samples
> of one of the voltage regulators, but when I tried to get the other, it
> said you can only order samples once.  They both have almost identical
> part #'s (LP2954IS and LP2954IT) but when I search for either it lists
> LP2954 without the end.  Then on the order form, it lists it as
> LP2954IT, even whenI try to get the other one.  I'd like to get both,
> but am confused.  Could someone please help me with this?

I did a little searching on National's web site tonight and I found
that this part is TO-202 which is the same size as a normal 7805
regulator (overkill for most calculator applications)

(If I'm wrong... and it wouldn't be the first time, believe me,
disregard that... its late and my head went into APD hours ago)

I needed a low dropout TO-92 regulator for the Extender uP (I am
going to drop the worthless 78L05) and I found National's LM2931
series. These are in full production, and look like very nice
regulators. They can handle 100 mA of current too!

I love ordering samples... its like being a kid in a free candy
store. ;-)

The URL is: http://www.national.com/pf/LM/LM2931.html

Regards,

Bryan Rittmeyer