TI-H: Re: spinterface problem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Re: spinterface problem

>Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 08:17:34 -0600
>From: Nightshadow <foglem@nmt.edu>
>To: richfiles@hotmail.com
>Subject: spinterface problem
>
>Hey; last night I installed the SpinTerface into my ti-85 and well...
>The link stuff works just fine but if I connect the power to the 7805
>the calc turns off and won't come back on. Any idea what would cause
>this? I'm guessing I wired something wrong but figured you might know
>since you built it originally. Thanks,
>
>-=<Matt>=-

you may have solder between the 5v+ and the ground pins or you may have
solder between the signal ground and one of the power activation pins.
It could also be a short at the regulator between any two pins. If the
regulator gets hot, then it's probably between the out and gnd or the
5v+ and ground. Check. Any one of those things could cause it to shut
off when you insert a cart. ALSO, my web page is MISSING some IMPORTANT
INFO. It turns out that those 10-pin connectors on the back of a serial
port on a PC have only 9 wires going in. I had 5 of those, and it's hell
trying to take them apart to fix the problem. You see, the serial cable
also has a pin that's not connected, but it's the end pin, not the 2 pin
in the top row. I chose the 2 pin in the top row, because it best
prevents little kids (like my cousins) from forcing it in sideways. If
you use a connector from a serial connection on a PC, then open the
thing up (It's very difficult. It took me an hour to fix one once). Pull
the metal pin for the 2 top hole out and put it into the end hole that's
empty. Then you need to cut the wires and push them through the pins
again the right way, so that they now connect properly.

NOTE: YOU ONLY HAVE TO DO THAT IF YOU USED THE 10-PIN CONNECTOR FROM THE
SERIAL PORT OF A PC. If it has 10 wires or has metal terminals, then
it's probably just the short or solder ball between connections

I hope you get it fixed!!!

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A