TI-H: Re: Spinterface purchasing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Re: Spinterface purchasing

>Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 23:18:51 -0500
>To: richfiles@hotmail.com
>From: 82nd Deer <eviljim@geocities.com>
>Subject: Spinterface
>
>Your spinterface looks GREAT - it sounds like a great idea.  Is there
any
>way people w/o soldering knowledge can send a calc to you and have you
>modify it?  Also, will you convert expander sf's to spinterface carts?
>---
>Evil Jim
>Viva La Mexico
><eviljim@geocities.com>
>http://members.tripod.com/~eviljim/
>I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain
like
>the passengers in my car...

Yes and Yes! I have decided to do SPinTerface upgrades for $20 each and
I'll do Carts for $5 plus the cost of any Special parts unless you send
in the parts to make it (example, an expander chip is $35 so anexpander
cat is $5 plus the $35 for the chip, but if you send in an old expander,
I'll convert it and only charge the $5! If you want a SPinTerface and
the Expander converted into a cart, it would be just $25! I am having
MAJOR TROUBLE with my web page, and some IMPORTANT INFO FOR THOSE
BUILDING IT YOURSELF IS LEFT OUT. I current ly have working Expander,
Speaker (amplified), and IC2 Temperature meter carts done (Temp meter
has a 3/4x3/4x1/4 cart and a wire with a "wand" at the end. The wand is
so you can get into tight places to measure temp). I built one
SPinterface, turbo switch and an IC@ temp cart in one day, but started
working on an odd connector the day before so it would work. I'm going
to get some bulk parts, so I can keep the prices down, but till I get
them, I'll be doing work slower than I can go at. Normaly I can instal
the SPinTerface port in 1-2 hours, but I need an extra hour to modify
the wierd connectors I have now (they are too wide and you have to
tak'em appart and rearange the metal pieces.) Once I get the bulk packs,
I can just solder the stuff together and mount it into the calc. I'm
completely free right now because I'm no longer working, but I'll
probably be getting a job soon. I'll still have the weekends completely
free though! Once I have the parts, I sould be able to do 2 or more in
one afternoon. Carts will add time, but not much. The most difficult
cart to make is the IC2 Temp cart. It has a tiny 8-pin surface mount
chip that has to be done very carefuly. The expander is a whole other
story. I guess that I can do 3 or more in an hour If I have all the
parts in front of me. I also want to look into a new idea for an IR
link. Why not make it like most are, and use assembly to run it. Most IR
uses would require an assembly program anyway. If I finish that, I'll
probably stary building them too!

Also, if you have a link port based project that you want converted to a
SPinTerface Cart, send me a disk with a GIF of any schematics or
diagrams for it and all the text files for it!

My address is:

Richard Piotter
RR 4  Box 40
Sleepy Eye, MN  56085

Make sure to send an e-mail with the word "Order" as the subject. I do
turbo switches, SPinTerfaces, Carts, and stuff like that.

Thanks!!!

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A