TI-H: ti-92 as an e-mail machine

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: ti-92 as an e-mail machine

I've heard some mention of developing a ti-modem or a way to connect an
external PC modem to the link port.  If this were done, the 92 would be a
cinch to make into an e-mail machine because it already handles text
variables.  A direct connection to an e-mail server might require too
much code (I'm not sure, but TCP/IP and POP3 sound like protocols which
would require large programs) but it would take just a little terminal
program in host mode on your PC and a event scheduled macro to
up/download your mail from the internet and then make it available to the
host mode terminal.  I thought this would be a great thing to have as I
suffered through a family vacation last weekend :)