Re: TI-H: SPinTerface 92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: SPinTerface 92

>Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 19:53:40 -0400
>To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
>From: Ryan Pogge <pogge@shore.intercom.net>
>Subject: Re: TI-H: SPinTerface
>
>At 03:40 PM 8/11/97 PDT, you wrote:
>>

>>>To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
>>>Subject: Re: TI-H: SPinterface
>>>From: justin.bosch%tfexchng@min.net (JUSTIN BOSCH)
>>>Date: Sun, 10 Aug 97 17:51:00 -0500
>>>
>>Another note: My page doesn't have the SPinTeface cartridge page up
>>because when I tried to upload my new and imporoved (revised) one, the
>>server wouldn't accept it or the computer screwed up or something. I
>>don't know why it didn't work for sure, but it's happened before.
>>Usualy, if I try at a different time or day, it'll work, so be
patient.
>>It contains an update on the Virtual boy cartridge covers (100% free.
>>Not even shipping. You can call 1-800-255-3700 to get them. Just say
you
>>have a lot of Virtual boy games and you've lost all the covers and the
>>games are getting dust in them and are starting to screw up). Also
there
>>is a major issue about PLCC chips (like the SF Expander Chips) and the
>>cartridge thickness. The updated page describes exactly how to get the
>>chip to fit nicely into the case. It also has the designs for my
>>amplified speaker cart (It realy blasts out loud! At full blast
though,
>>it dims the screen a little. I recomend a battery expander if you
build
>>it and it dims the screen) I'm also offering to install SPinTerfaces
and
>>build carts for those who don't have the skills to do it themselves or
>>would rather have someone with expirience do it. If you need my help
>>build a cart or install a SPinTerface, contact me. Make sure you put
>>SPinTerface into the subject. I don't want anyone to just send the
stuff
>>either. Contact me first. If I can't keep up with all of them, I may
>>have to have some people wait.
>>
>>Thanks!
>>
>>Richard Piotter
>>
>>e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

>will it work for the ti-92?

Yes, you can install a SPinTerface on the TI-92. The catch is that not
all cartas will work for it. Chances are that the Amplified Speaker
cartridge with volume control will work great, but things like the SF
Expander Cart require a driver to run. Basicly, if it can run on
batteries and connect to the TI-92 with a link port, you can make it
into a SPinTerface Cart. There are some earlier Files (May be in the
previous month though, or not) that describe the SPinTerface. There is
also my web page. Someone is installing it on an 82 and the uP Expander
for the TI-92 will be an EASY cartridge project. One of my fairly recent
TI-H mails has several advantages to using SPinTerface carts instead of
the link port.

It's up to you if you wan't it installed. I do instalations for those
who don't feel comfortable sticking a 300+ degree soldering iron inside
their $160+ calc. I charge for parts and shipping, but a TI-92 is most
likely more expensive to send than a TI-85. I recomend trying yourself
first. SPinTerface instructions are on my web page. They describe
instalation on TI-8x calcs, but the wires do the same thing and go in
the same places for a 92. Three wires to the link port. Two wires on the
battery posts. A voltage regulator and two caps for voltage filtering.
It's simple, yet suprisingly useful!

If you are absolutely terrified to open your 92 and want one installed
though (great for the uP Expander when complete), you can contact me.
I'll have to figure out the cost for a TI-92 (shipping etc), but I'm
sure you can do it yourself. Tell me where you put the connector (if you
do it yourself) because I don't have TI-92 instructions up because I've
never installed one before. I don't know where the best place for the
connector would be and I'll put up instuctions as soon as I get my hands
on a 92 or get the instructions from someone who did it.

Good luck!

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A