Re: TI-H: SPinTerface

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: SPinTerface

>To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject: Re: TI-H: SPinterface
>From: justin.bosch%tfexchng@min.net (JUSTIN BOSCH)
>Date: Sun, 10 Aug 97 17:51:00 -0500
>
>-> JUSTIN BOSCH wrote:
>-> >
>-> > Why doesn't someone make a radio link cartridge?  I really don't
>-> know > anything about electronics but if it uses less power than an
>-> IR link > than why not?
>->
>-> Because nobody has made a working radio link. If one would exist, it
>-> could be made into a cartridge.
>->
>-> -Ozone
>
>Well, what is necessay to convert the TI data to radio waves and vice
>versa?  Any suggestions?  And to Rich (the SPinterface guy), how do you
>read write to the port?

I personaly don't know Assembly, syntax wise, but I understand how it
works. I do know that you must read and write to port 7 (I think) and
this is the port that controls the link port. There are several sources
for port info. Try ticalc.org and see if you can't find a link or maybe
search for ports in their search thing. The ports can be completely
controled, so if it has two wires and a ground, you can interface it to
the calc (with hardware).

Another note: My page doesn't have the SPinTeface cartridge page up
because when I tried to upload my new and imporoved (revised) one, the
server wouldn't accept it or the computer screwed up or something. I
don't know why it didn't work for sure, but it's happened before.
Usualy, if I try at a different time or day, it'll work, so be patient.
It contains an update on the Virtual boy cartridge covers (100% free.
Not even shipping. You can call 1-800-255-3700 to get them. Just say you
have a lot of Virtual boy games and you've lost all the covers and the
games are getting dust in them and are starting to screw up). Also there
is a major issue about PLCC chips (like the SF Expander Chips) and the
cartridge thickness. The updated page describes exactly how to get the
chip to fit nicely into the case. It also has the designs for my
amplified speaker cart (It realy blasts out loud! At full blast though,
it dims the screen a little. I recomend a battery expander if you build
it and it dims the screen) I'm also offering to install SPinTerfaces and
build carts for those who don't have the skills to do it themselves or
would rather have someone with expirience do it. If you need my help to
build a cart or install a SPinTerface, contact me. Make sure you put
SPinTerface into the subject. I don't want anyone to just send the stuff
either. Contact me first. If I can't keep up with all of them, I may
have to have some people wait.

Thanks!

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com