Re: TI-H: SPinTerface and the 82?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: SPinTerface and the 82?

>From: "Joe Martis" <bungix@hotmail.com>
>To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject: TI-H: SPinTerface and the 82?
>Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 06:03:08 PDT
>
>Has anyone made the SPinTerface for the 82? If so did it work, because
>I'm thinking about making it to further my research in the 82's
>capibility in sound. So far I converted the ZShell playwav to OS-82
(Ash
>is coming soon,) and taped the three exposed wires to some headphones
>(ground to ground, the other to doesn't mater) and got stereo (it slows
>the calc until you run the program though.)
>-Joe Martis
>
>P.S. I'll post the playwav on the TI-Files

Yes, it will work. The SPinTerface amplified speaker cart (posted to my
web page today) works just like the earphone, except it has a transistor
based amplifier and a variable resistor to control volume. The only
catch is that the amplifier eats power. It isn't bad when you turn it
down, but at full blast, it dimms the screen a little, but you'll be
shocked when you hear it! It's LOUD. I tried it with playwav and it has
a crackly noise because the speaker is so small, but if you turn it down
it isn't as bad (hey! what do you expect from 1-bit sound!!!  (-:  ). It
may be possible to create three levels of sound with it (00, 01 or 10,
and 11) by turning on none one or both of the signals in the link port.
I don't have a program that does this, but since you have the expertice
to port assembly, you should be able to see if it works.

Good Luck!

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A