Re: TI-H: broken ti

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: broken ti

>Date: Thu, 07 Aug 1997 21:17:26 +0000
>From: "Matthew H. Fogle" <foglem@nmt.edu>
>To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject: TI-H: broken ti
>
>Hey I have finally opened up a couple of broken ti's I have had and
>found what's wrong with them. I don't know of good replacement parts
>however (don't know the correct values). So if someone here could tell
>me what the TI-85's (parts value is):
>  C8
>  C16
>  C27
>  U7
>  U5
>I think U5 is a TI part and can't be bought anywhere else but if anyone
>knows about the others I would appreciate it! thanks.
>					-=<Matt>=-

I'm not certain how to make one, but I think that if you could get your
hands on a frequency counter, you could probably make an oscilator and
measure the frequency produced by substituting good versions of the
capacitors and then find ones with similar or identical frequencies. I
think there are capacitance measureing devices too, but I wouldn't know
where to get one or how to build it. If no one can help you out with the
capacitor values, then this may be the only way to find the values.

Hope I helped a little!

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A