Re: TI-H: TI-Modem a reality, in fantasy land

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

J. Jacob Hopkins wrote:

> Suprisingly... out of a serial cable, you can get by with as little as 4
> (probably 2 will work, but anyway) wires in a serial connection. But

If you want sending and receiving, you'd have a tough time getting by
with
two wires. For one direction, a two wire serial link is certainly
possible.
3 is what is usually needed -- Send, receive and ground.

> going from 9 to 3 isn't that hard, processing the data in a PIC (which I
> believe is what the Graphlink has) is completely possible.

Yes, it certainly is. As a matter of fact, somebody has already done
that
with one of the low end PICs. In the course of my Extender project I've
also been forced to do that.. I have TI protocol to 2400 baud serial
working
now, and will step the baud rate up to 38400 if I ever decide to make
a graph link substitute. Sending to the calc is a tad more difficult but
that should be working by the end of the day. Of course... buying a
graph
link is so much easier than spending $100 to buy all the things you need
to burn a PIC...

<cheap plug> http://www.flash.net/~bryanr/extend/ </cheap plug>

> What the hell are you talking about?
<cut>
> Your sentence/paragraph structure is a real bitch to try to
> read/understand (I'm not saying mine isn't)

Well, I'd tend to agree with you that that guy is off his rocker... but
I still wonder sometimes why I subscribed to this list in the first
place...
seeing as how it is filled with dumb lamers and smart flamers, neither
of which, IMHO, are worth listening to.

Regards,

Bryan Rittmeyer
bryanr@flash.net