Re: TI-H: IR links and Radio regulations

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Anthony Karels wrote:

> >I agree.  I mean, as if the FCC will come up to your door to confiscate a
> >radio link!  So who cares if it gives a little interference?  Transmitting
> >objects always say that they will not give off interfering transmisisons
> >and have to accept interfering transmissions even if they cause undesired
> >operation.  Well, if nothing gives off interfering radio waves, who's going
> >to take it in?  Let's just say that people would probably be awaiting
> >interference signals!
> >
> >"This is the most logical route, Captain"
> >-= Zenon@bbs.nexes.com =-
>
> i dont think a little radio link will transfer far enough for the fcc to
> find out there even is a link. besides, i bought a fm wireless kit at radio
> shack, and that schematics are almost the same... so HA!
>
>                                                         anthony k

To end the argument, the following is taken from the fcc website:
(document <http://www.fcc.gov/mmb/asd/lowpwr.html#UNLICENSED>)

<<<<
PART 15 DEVICES

Unlicensed operation on the AM and FM radio broadcast bands is permitted
for some extremely low powered devices
covered under Part 15 of the FCC's rules. On FM frequencies, these
devices are limited to an effective service range of
approximately 35 to 100 feet (11 to 30 meters). See 47 CFR (Code of
Federal Regulations) Section 15.239. On the AM
broadcast band, these devices are limited to an effective service range
of approximately 200 to 250 feet (61 to 76 meters).
See 47 CFR Sections 15.207, 15.209, 15.219, and 15.221. These devices
must accept any interference caused by any
other operation, whcih may further limit the effective service range.
For more information on Part 15 devices, please contact
the FCC's Office of Engineering and Technology, Customer Service Branch,
at the Columbia, Maryland office, phone (301)
- 725 - 1585, extension 210.

So you can LEGALLY transmitt upto at least 30 feet unlicensed, pleanty
for a simple (or even complex) radio link.
<pre>
--
Christopher Poole

| !!!!! PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING UPDATED INFORMATION !!!!! |

e-mail -> poole.christopher@paradox.net
WWW -> http://www.paradox.net/homepages/poole
My Own Web Server -> http://poole.christopher.paradox.net
                     (only avalible when I'm on-line, check
                     it out and you can chat with me on-line!)
</pre>