Re: TI-H: overhead port link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: overhead port link

On Sat, 5 Mar 1994, Steve Wrobleski wrote:

> ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 26 Oct 1996 09:20:18 -0700, you wrote:
> >
> > >I have not actually verified this, but I have a friend who tells me that
> > >he tried ZShell on an overhead equipped calculator, and ZS didn't
> > >display on the overhead screen, only on the TI screen. Interesting?
> >
> > So the '85 has a viewscreen adapter too? Hmm... If the Z-Shell story
> > is true, then maybe there is a display controller in the '92 and it is
> > not hardwired to the LCD screen...
> >
> > -Tim
>

> Wait a minute, where was the overhead projector connected to the
> calc?????
>
> --Steve

They have a ramp-shaped piece of plastic shoved onto the back of the TI-85,
directly behind the LCD. The projector panel and the TI-85 are permanently
attached... my school has one of the jobbies. I tried ZShell on it, and
it appeared on the overhead projector, in fact, we had a big Tetris
tournament on the overhead :)

This was an older calculator tho, with ROM 5.0 or something like that. I
suppose they could have a different design in a newer calculator, maybe
even a jack so you can detach the projector panel & cable and walk around
with a plain 85...

-gee