Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

On Wed, 23 Oct 1996 07:48:59 -0600, you wrote:
>Yes.  The Z80 chip runs at 6MHz I believe, and the C9 in the meantime is
>limiting it down to 2MHz or something.  By accellerating your calc, =
you're
>really just pushing it up to a max of 6MHz and no more, or the chip
>wouldn't be able to handle it.

No, it normally runs at 6MHz.  If it is in fact 3 times faster, that
just means elimiating C9 increases the clock rate to ~18MHz.
Overclocking is a dangerous but unusually common thing.  A while ago
certain manufacturers used to overclock 486's to 80MHz.  Some worked,
some didn't.  It's a matter of plugging in a regular 486 chip, seeing
if it worked at a higher speed, and if it doesn't, throw it out!
That's why overclocking on the TI-85 could be dangerous ,and this
could also be why some calculator's don't like to be overclocked!

-Mel

<pre>
--
The TI Memory Expansion Homepage