TI-H: Re: LZ: Backlighting

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Re: LZ: Backlighting

I'm asking if LEDs or krypton lamps would be useable here, please answer
the question.

"Freedom of speech is in the constitution, abuse of it is in the slums"
-= Zenon@bbs.nexes.com =-

----------
: From: list-zshell@lists.ticalc.org
: To: Zenon
: Subject: Re: LZ: Backlighting
: Date: October 20, 1996 5:23 PM
:
:
: > ultrabright LEDs if you can find clear white ones (or even blue...?
but
: > not RED!!) then it would be good...LEDs take little power too.
:
: Tell me if you ever see a white LED.  LED's are semiconductors that emit
: almost monochromatic light.  They would have to emit all frequencies of
: visible light to make white light.  So, for now at least, white LEDs do
: not exist.  Blue LEDs exist, but they are new and relatively expensive.
:
: Tobin Fricke

Follow-Ups: References: