Re: TI-H: ti speed

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ti speed

On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, BRAIN LEECH wrote:

> that is exactly what i did to my 85, i smashed the c9, but now the calc
> doesnt even turn on... does anyone have any suggestions?

All I am willing to say is that performing the "turbo" modification on
your calculator, especially with such elegant methods as smashing out the
capacitor, is simply asking for trouble.

I performed the "turbo" modification to my TI-85, but I did it the proper
way with a soldering iron, a new capacitor, and a switch. With the switch,
I don't have to worry about using turboslow (which doesn't work with many
Zshell programs) or anything similar. I can simply switch my calculator
back to its original speed.

Folks, if you're not going to bother to perform the modification
properly, then frankly, we can't be bothered to help you when things go
horribly wrong.

-Isaac

<pre>
--